- How do I post a message?
- If you would like to post a new message which is not in reply to another message, on the main page of
the Board you would like to post the message to click on the link 'Post A Message' at the top of the page.
If you would like to post a reply to a message which has already been posted, go to that message and then
click on 'Post Reply' at the top of the page.
You will then be presented with a form which will allow you to enter the Subject, Comments and, if it
is allowed, the file you would like to upload. Complete the form - the only field which is required
to be completed is the Subject field - and then press the 'Post Message' button.
Click here for an illustration of how to post
- When I submit a post it doesn't work properly. Nothing posts and I get the same page again. What should I do?
- This happens sometimes when you hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard instead of clicking the 'Post Message'
button on the form. Best thing is click on the button when posting a message.
- How do I include get my email address to be included with my post?
- Go to the Registered Info page and enter the email address
you would like to appear with your posts in the box next to Display Email Address. That email address will
then be displayed with every one of your posts.
- How do I include a link to another site or page in my message?
- Just type the URL (address) of the page you want to include. The program will automatically convert it
to a link which people can click. This also works for email addresses.
- Can I edit or delete a post I've made?
- Yes. If you go to the post you want to edit or delete, you should have a link at the top of the page
'Edit/Delete Post'. Click on that link and you'll get a new window where you can make changes to the post.
- How do I upload a file?
- On the form for posting a message, there is a field for the file you would like to upload. Beside that
field there is a button with 'Browse..' on it. When you click on that button you'll be shown a window
which will enable you to locate the file on your hard drive. If you use Netscape, you should click on the arrow
beside where it says 'HTML Files' and select 'All File (*.*)'. Once you've located the file, select it and then
click the 'Open' button. Now, when you post the message, the file you selected will be uploaded to this server
and shown with your message.
Click here for an illustration of how to upload a file
- What type of files can I upload?
- You can upload any file you wish, providing it is below 10mb in size. However, please exercise caution
selecting the files to upload. Uploading programs and other executable files is discouraged.
- How many files can I upload?
- There is currently no limit on the number of files Standard Members can upload. Guest Members can upload
5 files under 250kb a day.
- How many files can I download?
- There is currently no limit on the number of files Standard Members can download. Guest Members can only
download 15 files a day.
- Why can Guest Members only download 20 files a day?
- Guest Members are just that - guests. Guest Memberships are offered so that people can have a look around
the site and see if it is to their liking before joining.